Follow the John 3:16 Network Author Page on Pinterest

Friday, December 28, 2012

Fearless Friday! - Meet Kimberly Rae


Kimberly Rae
Author, Speaker, Former Brave Girl
www.stolenwoman.org www.stolenwoman.blogspot.com http://www.facebook.com/HumanTraffickingStolenWoman
https://twitter.com/KimberlyRae10


 

Kimberly Rae has lived in Bangladesh, Uganda, Kosovo and Indonesia. She has been published over 200 times and has work in 6 languages. Her Amazon bestselling Stolen Series on international human trafficking (see www.stolenwoman.org) has led to another series for younger teen girls. Kimberly is always contracted for a series on living with chronic health problems. Having returned to the US due to health problems, Rae now lives in North Carolina with her husband and two young children.

 

ISBN-10: 1461068932
ISBN-13: 978-1461068938

Human Trafficking…Asha knew nothing about it before meeting 16-year-old Rani, stolen from her home and forced into prostitution in Kolkata, India. Asha must help this girl escape, but Mark, a third-generation missionary, keeps warning her away from the red-light district and its workers. Will she ever discover why? And will they ever stop their intense arguments long enough to admit their even more intense feelings for one another? When Asha sneaks out one last time in a desperate attempt to rescue her friend, someone follows her through the night. Is freedom possible? Or will she, too, become one of the stolen?


Available at amazon.com, kindle, www.stolenwoman.org
 

 
 
 
Your unique talent: I sing and play the piano, and I painted a huge mural of Thomas the Tank Engine on our basement wall for our kids. =)

Share something not many people know about you: I'm afraid of flying (which is ironic, seeing how God has sent me on 18-hour flights with no stops, and to 20 countries!).

Getting to Know You:

Are you a “pet person” or prefer no pets? No pets-I have asthma.

Would you rather travel or stay at home? Love to travel (at least I did before I got sick)

Do you read more or write more? These days I write more because with 2 young kids I don't have time to do both! But I used to definitely read more.

Prefer cake or pie? Cake--CHOCOLATE!!!

Would, or do, ride a motorcycle or prefer to ride/drive a car? Car. I rode the back of a motorcycle side-saddle once in Thailand. That was enough for me!

Bus or taxi or walk? Bus, unless it's a short walk.

Are you part of a big church congregation or a small church? Small church

Do you like to telephone people or prefer to use e-mail? Definitely e-mail.

Are you happy or joyful? I like to be both!

Do you eat at home or eat out? Both, but if I had more money, I'd eat out more. =)

Listen to music or prefer quiet? Music, definitely.
Prefer sunrises or sunsets? Sunsets

3 comments:

  1. I am curious if you have been to Nepal? I adopted my older daughter from Nepal when she was 3. Now she is 21. Selling women in Nepal into prostitution is a big issue. So I as wondering if you had any experience with Nepal itself and the trafficing issue there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a ministry exposing this travesty. I can't imagine what a heavy burden this is just to research and write about this. You are courageous. God be with you and give you strength. I pray God give you an extra measure of grace and peace. May His healing power be upon you Kimberly.
    http://www.writemomentswithgod.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorilyn! Yes, I went to Nepal once, and actually wrote about it because I did one of those stupid things that could have gotten me trafficked! Here's the link:
    http://www.kimberlyraeauthor.blogspot.com/2011/10/almost-trafficked.html

    I read your book about adopting and had to smile about you forgetting your toilet paper. =) What a blessing God has given you in your two daughters! Nepal was the one place out of 20 countries I've been to where you could feel the oppression when you got off the place. It was such a beautiful place but very dark. And yes, it is a very bad place for trafficking young girls.

    Rose, thanks so much for your encouragement! God bless you both and your writing for Him!
    Kimberly Rae
    Know Your Worth, Change The World
    www.kimberlyrae.com

    ReplyDelete