We are a Christian Network that promotes Christian books through press releases, social networking, blog showcases, and charities, including the orphans in Nepal and Wakulla Correctional.
Don't forget to check out the free books on the site - right column following book trailers.
Follow the John 3:16 Network Author Page on Pinterest
Friday, January 9, 2015
How Should I Market My Book in 2015? by Lorilyn Roberts
If you are lucky and have some
extra bucks to spend as an indy author, use your money sparingly for marketing
right now. Instead, invest your money in hiring at least one, preferably two,
good book editors and an excellent book cover designer. If you need suggestions,
visit our page here: http://john316mn.blogspot.com/p/resources-for-authors.html
Do not compromise on a book
editor and book cover designer.
What should you do for marketing
since I am telling you not to spend a lot of dollars on marketing?Here is what I recommend.
Build up your platform. How? Here is what I recommend:
1. Have an active blog or website, meaning you post a couple of times each
2. Open a Twitter account and build up your following. Tweet Adder 4 helps.
3. All your blog posts should be shared on Google Plus. Just post to Google
Plus so you get your blog out there on the web.
4. Connect with other authors. How? Offer to review their books. Host them on
5. Write your next book.
6. Make all your books available in ebook format. Upload to Amazon and Smashwords
for extended distribution.
7. Learn how to write press releases using Sandra Beckwith's information,
available on her website for about $22.
8. Make your book available in audible book format and upload to Audible.com
Recite it yourself. If you have a computer you can do it for free.
10. Start an opt-in list. I use Constant Contact. You want your own list that
you can send announcements to when you have a new book release or other author
11. Pray for God's direction and do not look for miracles. You might receive
one, but probably it will be a process of developing your platform and your
following. But at least you aren't spending thousands of dollars for people
promising the impossible and delivering little.
Lastly, I have written a book
you might find helpful, “How to Launch a Best-Selling
Christian Book” on Amazon. It's 99 cents on
Kindle. Some of the information I would change if I wrote the same book today, and
some of it is specific to the John 3:16 Marketing Network, but there is a lot of
good information about marketing you might find helpful.http://amzn.to/1xXeNza
I am keeping my eyes and ears
open to new ideas and ways to market for 2015. If you have found something that
has worked for you, please share with us in the comments below.