Follow the John 3:16 Network Author Page on Pinterest

Friday, October 5, 2012

Fearless Friday: Meet Kimberley Payne!


Meet and Greet Kimberley Payne


 
I am an over-40, peri-menopausal mother of two teenagers. I am happily married to a man I believe was a direct answer to a desperate prayer. I am a half-cup-full optimist who’s been blessed with a short memory.

Years ago, I began a spiritual and physical health partnership with God. I created a workbook, Fit for Faith – 7 weeks to improved spiritual and physical health.

 Although I write in the health and fitness arena, I don't consider myself an athlete. As a matter of fact, I once thought of myself as more on an anti-athlete. However, I've since come around and have settled on recreational athlete. You can read about my journey in the anthology A Second Cup of Hot Apple Cider - Words to Stimulate the Mind and Delight the Spirit. My piece is called, A Personal Makeover - Inside and Out.

My most recent book is Women of Strength – A devotional to improve spiritual & physical health

Women of Strength is the perfect companion for your health program. There are four divisions to follow the seasons – winter, spring, summer, autumn. Each season is further divided into 6 sections that include an inspirational devotional, a fact on common health and fitness questions, a reflection, a prayer, a Bible verse, and an energizing exercise.

ISBN: 9781476306476

Purchase information: $5.99 USD e-book


 
Fit for Faith serves a two-fold purpose that unites physical and spiritual health. It is a 7-week program designed to strengthen the believer’s Christian walk. It is also a motivational tool to empower women to improve their physical health to live balanced, whole and joyous lives that glorify God.

ISBN: 9780973508215

Purchase information: $5.99 USD e-book



I’m a dreamer. Every night, I have at least one dream. Over the years, I have read dream interpretation books and dream dictionaries. However, none captured the true essence of my nightlife until I started to read the Bible and pray daily. Now many of my dreams come with an interpretation already in my heart upon waking in the morning. Night Stories is a collection of eight dreams that I have had and what I felt the Lord told me through them. God is the only One who reveals mysteries and interprets dreams.

ISBN: 9781476482309

Purchase information: $0.99 USD e-book



Where Family Meets Faith is written and compiled especially for families. It is a collection of devotionals that show the similarities between the challenges of raising a family and building a relationship with God.

ISBN: 9780973508222

Purchase information: $0.99 USD e-book



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dumped into single parenthood, Heather Williams has found a part-time job as a dental receptionist and a cozy apartment with her four-year-old daughter. Life finally looks safe and secure until her daughter reveals a terrifying secret.

ISBN: 9780973508246

Purchase information: $0.99 USD e-book




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Your unique talent (can be serious or humorous)


I collect pet fur – not because I like it but rather to try to keep my house somewhat clean—with two cats, two rats, and an aging German Shepherd.


Share something not many people know about you:

Although not naturally blond, nor do I have blue eyes, Dutch blood runs through my veins. I love croquettes, double zout drops and Suske & Wiske. I have fond childhood memories of a close family, with three older brothers who went swimming at the YMCA on Friday nights, played card games like “Pit” and went camping every summer.


Which best describes your personality:

Are you a “pet person” or prefer no pets? Very much a pet person – we’ve had a hedge hog, hamsters, lots of fish, rats, cats, dogs, and a little salamander.

Would you rather travel or stay at home? I’m a homebody who loves the quiet of my sunroom. However, I like to travel when all the arrangements are made and I just need to pack a bag.

Do you read more or write more? I’m a reader. I like to alternate fiction with non-fiction.


Prefer cake or pie? Both! I have a real sweet tooth and won’t turn down any pastry.

Would, or do, ride a motorcycle or prefer to ride/drive a car? On my bucket-list is the desire to drive a motorcycle. Since they recently came out with the Spyder – a three-wheeled motorbike, I see that wish becoming a reality sooner rather than later.

How about taking the bus or walking? Absolutely walking. I love to walk, and hike. Evening walks are bliss.

Are you part of a big church congregation or a small church? On a good Sunday in the summer, we may have 30 people in the pews. I’d say that’s probably a small church.

Would you describe yourself as happy or joyful? Joyful. But I do have happy days!

Do you like to telephone people or prefer to use e-mail? My job requires me to be on the phone all day, so I won’t even answer the phone at home. Email is so much faster and easier.

Do you eat at home or eat out? We eat take-out at home :)

Listen to music or prefer quiet? When outdoors, I prefer the sounds of nature. When doing housework, I love to have the music cranked.

Prefer sunrises or sunsets? Definitely sunsets as I’m seldom up early enough to enjoy the sunrise.
 
Connect with Kimberley:





Facebook Nonfiction Book Page: Fit for Faith

Facebook Devotional Book Page: Where Family Meets Faith

Facebook Novel Book Page: Tooth for Tooth



Amazon Nonfiction Book: Fit for Faith

Amazon Novel: Tooth for Tooth

Amazon Devotional: Where Fitness Meets Faith 

Amazon Devotional: Where Family Meets Faith

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me on Fearless Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I a wondering what the mystery is on your Tooth for Tooth book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that's the mystery you'll have to figure out. haha. Actually you can find out in the very first chapter which I believe is part of the Inside the Book feature on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned some new things about you Kimberley. I must say, you are an inspiration to couch potatoes like me... :)

    ReplyDelete