Follow the John 3:16 Network Author Page on Pinterest

Friday, September 21, 2012

Fearless Friday: Meet Sandy Humphrey!


Meet and Greet...Sandra McLeod Humphrey (Sandy)

Sandra McLeod Humphrey is a retired clinical psychologist, a character education consultant, and an award-winning author of nine middle-grade and young adult books. She's also the recipient of the National Character Education Center's Award for Exemplary Leadership in Ethics Education (2000) and the 2005 Helen Keating Ott Award for Outstanding Contribution to Children's Literature. You can learn more about her books by visiting her Web site at http://www.kidscandoit.com.

My most recent book They Stood Alone!: 25 Men and WomenWho Made a Difference is an inspiring collection of brief biographies of 25 men and women who refused to conform to the societal beliefs and expectations of their time and, by stepping out and away from the crowd, they changed their world and ours as well. Available at all major bookstores, both online and offline.


ISBN-13: 978-1616144852
 


Your unique talent

I think my unique talent is that people trust me. People know that I will keep their secrets and that I will never gossip behind their backs. I'm pretty much like Thumper--if I can't say something positive about someone, I prefer not to say anything at all.


Share something not many people know about you

I've ridden a camel.


Which best describes your personality:

Enthusiastic, positive, hard-working, and organized.

Are you a “pet person” or prefer no pets?

Totally a pet person! We adopt all our dogs and cats from our local Animal Humane Society and we usually have four dogs and four cats at a time. In the past, we've also had horses, ponies, white rats, and teddy bear hamsters. Our son also had an alligator, but I don't count him!


Would you rather travel or stay at home?


Definitely stay at home--it's way too sad to watch all those huge brown eyes staring at us as we pack our bags.


Do you read more or write more?

Lately, it's been writing, but I would love to get back to having more time for reading.

Prefer cake or pie?

Definitely Double Chocolate Devil's Food Cake topped with chocolate ice cream or frozen chocolate yogurt.

Would, or do, ride a motorcycle or prefer to ride/drive a car?

Definitely drive a car! I used to ride on the back of my uncle's motorcycle and those days are definitely gone!


How about taking the bus or walking?

I love to walk, so probably walking and probably walking with all of our dogs!

Are you part of a big church congregation or a small church?

We're a medium church of about 1000 members and we're known for our "friendly and inviting" atmosphere.

Would you describe yourself as happy or joyful?

Definitely joyful, I have so much to be grateful for!

Do you like to telephone people or prefer to use e-mail?

I can't use the phone anymore because of my vocal cord damage so definitely e-mail!

Do you eat at home or eat out?

We tend to be homebodies and eat at home most of the time except when we dine out with friends.

Listen to music or prefer quiet?

I like both at different times. When I'm working, I like quiet, but when I'm relaxing, I like classical background music.

Prefer sunrises or sunsets?

That's really a hard one! I love the energy inherent in a sunrise and the peacefulness inherent in a sunset!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sandy. I'm enjoying these Fearless Fridays - especially the last quick questions. Fun! Great to know you better and congrats on your successful launch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy,

    They Stood Alone - Good teaching material. Be blessed. I pray that all who read it learn much!!

    ReplyDelete